Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Denver/Boulder, Colorado
At cQuant, we imagine a smarter and better energy analytics platform. And we don't just imagine it, we build it and support our customers with sophisticated quantitative analytics with modern cloud-based computing infrastructure in a cloud-native web-based platform. Join us and be a critical part of a rapidly growing team that offers a fun, open and challenging work environment.
We are looking for an experienced full stack developer to help maintain and enhance the functionality of the evolving cQuant platform. The web developer role will involve a broad range of tasks related to developing and supporting the cQuant.io’s software-as-a-service platform and infrastructure.
- Work as part of a team developing applications and services using Agile development methods
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js and backend features using Node.js
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Translating designs and wire frames into high quality front end and back end code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Integration of user-facing elements developed with server-side logic
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Contribute to team and organizational improvements in process and infrastructure
Required Technical Skills
- Thorough understanding of React.js and Node.js
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux) and Node frameworks like Express
- Knowledge of utilizing cloud technologies including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure etc.
- Experience with developing and deploying on Linux
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient with databases such as PostgresQL
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving aptitude
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or other relevant field of study
- 2+ years of web/software development experience with complex modern web applications
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.