Quantitative Energy Analytics Developer
Location: Denver/Boulder, Colorado
cQuant is seeking a Quantitative Energy Analytics Developer to develop and support quantitative models and deliver these within our web-based software-as-a-service platform for advanced energy analytics. If you are passionate about the energy industry and want to be at the forefront of the quantitative analytics enabling the renewable transition, we want to hear from you!
cQuant is revolutionizing the way energy companies access and use quantitative models to drive their businesses forward, from supporting the renewable transition to optimizing the traditional generation that enables it. cQuant’s analytical offerings are built specifically for energy companies and span a broad array of industry verticals including energy trading, electricity production (thermal, renewable, and storage), retail energy, gas procurement and transportation, risk management, portfolio optimization, and others.
- Developing new quantitative models or enhancements to existing models relative to a detailed technical specification.
- Gathering detailed technical/functional model requirements and generating model specification documents.
- Validating new or existing models.
- Providing technical quantitative subject matter expertise.
- Interfacing with clients on model use, configuration, and calibration.
- Assisting cQuant staff with use or maintenance of quantitative models.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Expertise in at least one of the following techniques: time series analysis and Monte Carlo simulation, advanced regression and econometric techniques, advanced optimization techniques leveraging commercial solvers.
- Demonstrated track record of success building quantitative models in R or Python.
- Proficiency in communicating modeling methodology and explaining results with a focus on the “why”, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced, highly-collaborative, results-oriented environment.
- Experience with wholesale power and/or commodities markets is strongly preferred.
- Quantitative energy trading experience preferred.
- Machine learning and predictive analytics experience preferred.
- Current U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
Education and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in a quantitative role within the energy industry or directly-related academic setting.
- Ph.D. or M.S. degree in a quantitative discipline (mathematics, quantitative finance, statistics, operations research, or computer science).
Salary and Benefits
- Salary Range: $70,000 - $120,000 depending on experience.
- Benefits include generous paid time-off (PTO) policy, choice of working from home or office, and a generous monthly stipend to put towards our great health, dental and visions insurance.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.