Energy Analyst II
Location: Denver/Boulder, Colorado
At cQuant, we imagine a smarter and better energy analytics platform. And we don't just imagine it, we build it and support our customers with sophisticated quantitative analytics with modern cloud-based computing infrastructure in a cloud-native web-based platform. Join us and be a critical part of a rapidly growing team that offers a fun, open and challenging work environment.
The Energy Analyst role will involve a broad range of tasks related to developing and supporting sophisticated quantitative models within cQuant.io’s software-as-a-service platform for advanced energy analytics.
Daily activities may involve:
- configuring, calibrating, and validating cQuant’s analytical models
- “wrangling” energy data
- generating client-facing reports in R or Microsoft Excel
- providing direct analytical support to existing and/or prospective clients
- developing reporting dashboards and visualizations for integration into cQuant’s production software
- implementing automated error checks for existing models
- troubleshooting model failures, among other tasks
Required Skills and Knowledge
The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated and work well within a close-knit and dynamic team of bright and driven analytical software professionals. Work is fast-paced and results oriented, with little room for error or re-work, and the ideal candidate will excel in this environment.
Ideally, the candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
- A solid grasp of statistics and time series analysis concepts including probability distributions, regression models, and autoregressive stochastic processes.
- Highly detail oriented and know how to validate their own work to ensure accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable interacting directly with clients.
- Have a passion for analytics, data, software engineering, and providing the best user experience possible.
- Familiarity with energy and/or commodity analytics, with an emphasis on retail and/or wholesale renewable energy products and deal structures including power purchase agreements, behind-the-meter solar + storage, proxy revenue swaps, and others.
- Familiarity with financial energy markets (retail and/or wholesale) and standard financial products (futures/forwards, European options, etc.).
- Experience developing software/analytical models with an eye toward code maintainability and robustness.
- Demonstrate proficiency in R, Python, or some other modern analytical or statistical programming language.
- Have at least a working knowledge of the R programming language for both analysis and data visualization.
Education and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in a quantitative role within the energy industry or directly-related academic setting.
- Ph.D. or M.S. degree in a quantitative discipline (mathematics, quantitative finance, statistics, operations research, or computer science).
Salary and Benefits
- Salary Range: $70,000 - $100,000 depending on experience.
- Benefits include generous paid time-off (PTO) policy, choice of working from home or office, and a generous monthly stipend to put towards our great health, dental and visions insurance.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.