Energy Analyst I
Location: Denver/Boulder, Colorado
At cQuant, we imagine a smarter and better energy analytics platform. And we don't just imagine it, we build it and support our customers with sophisticated quantitative analytics with modern cloud-based computing infrastructure in a cloud-native web-based platform. Join us and be a critical part of a rapidly growing team that offers a fun, open and challenging work environment.
The Energy Analyst I role will involve a broad range of tasks related to supporting and training existing clients, implementing analytic workflows for customers new to cQuant.io’s software-as-a-service platform for advanced energy analytics, and assisting internal teams with testing and quality assurance. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn how analytics plays an important role in a broad range of energy industry topics ranging from renewables and battery storage to portfolio management and hedge optimization. This is a direct customer-facing role and analysts will operate at the interface between the customer and the platform, helping to ensure cQuant’s users are successful in their analytical objectives.
Daily activities may involve:
- configuring, calibrating, and validating cQuant’s analytical models
- troubleshooting/debugging model failures encountered by cQuant’s users
- “wrangling” energy data in R or Microsoft Excel
- Generating client-facing reports in R, PowerBI, or Excel
Required Skills and Knowledge
The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated and work well within a close-knit and dynamic team of bright and driven analytical software professionals. Work is fast-paced and results oriented, with little room for error or re-work, and the ideal candidate will excel in this environment.
Ideally, the candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and comfort interacting directly with clients
- Outstanding problem solving, logic, and critical reasoning skills, particularly in the context of working with and/or troubleshooting computer programs
- Familiarity with the process of debugging and/or developing computer programs
- Fluency in manipulating or “wrangling” data with either R or Python
- A customer-centric outlook and a passion for helping others succeed in their goals
- A detail-oriented nature, knowing how to validate their own work to ensure accuracy
- Proficiency at multi-tasking and excellent time management skills
- Familiarity with data analysis concepts, including but not limited to statistics, time series analysis, probability distributions, and regression modelling.
- Familiarity with electric power industry concepts including regulated/deregulated power markets, renewable energy products and deal structures (e.g. power purchase agreements, behind-the-meter solar + storage, etc), energy risk management, and others.
- Familiarity with standard financial products (futures/forwards, European options, etc)
- Experience supporting and/or using complex analytical software
- B.S. degree in a quantitative discipline (mathematics, quantitative finance, statistics, operations research, or computer science).
Salary and Benefits
- Salary Range: $60,000 - $75,000 depending on experience.
- Benefits include generous paid time-off (PTO) policy, choice of working from home or office, and a generous monthly stipend to put towards our great health, dental and visions insurance.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.